APPS PROTECTION WARRANTY
This “App Protection Warranty” Program allows any consumer facing issues pertaining to any of these applications, namely, Google Play Store, Gmail, Google Map, Google Gallery, Chrome, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp (herein after known as “App(s)”), not functioning as they should on his/her Huawei device to seek for a refund in full from Zitron’s retail partner SUBJECT to the terms and conditions of the “App Protection Warranty” Program stated below.
Terms and Conditions
- This “App Protection Warranty” Program valid for new device purchase from 1st July 2019 till 30th September 2019 (“Program Period”). Zitron’s retail partner shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Campaign Period at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- Consumer shall send in his/her Huawei device to the Zitron’s retail partner shop for further testing and diagnosis together with the ORIGINAL purchase receipt and other required claim documentation or information in respect of the date and place of purchase. Upon consumer providing the Huawei device, Zitron’s retail partner will issue an acknowledge receipt as proof of collection.
- For safety of data in the Huawei device, consumer shall solely responsible to back up and/or delete such data, and remove his SIM card and SD card before authorizing Zitron’s retail partner to perform further testing and diagnosis. Zitron’s retail partner will not be responsible for any loss of data during the testing and diagnosis, if consumer failed to complete such back up, deletion and removal of SIM card and SD card. Zitron’s retail partner will not store any of consumer personal data contained in consumer’s Huawei device.
- To be eligible for this “App Protection Warranty” Program, the Huawei device shall meet the following criteria:-
- The Huawei device shall be in its original packaging along with all original accessories (including original charger, original earphone, etc).
- The Huawei device (listed in item (e) below) shall run on Android Operating System.
- Issues pertaining to Apps not functioning as they should on the Huawei device exclude the following scenarios:-
- App developer issues (for example, but not limited to, App developer’s decision to cancel or stop the support of the application for “All common devices for all brands”); or
- Issues relating to the App itself (for example, but not limited to, application bugs or virus).
- The Huawei device purchased during the Program Period and still within valid manufacturer warranty period from the receipt date of purchase.
- The following Huawei devices are eligible for this “App Protection Warranty” Program:-
- Smartphones: P20, P20 Pro, P30, P30 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20X, Nova 3, Nova 3i, Nova 4, Nova4E, Y Max, Y5 2019, Y5 Prime 2018, Y6 2018, Y7 Pro 2019, Y9 2019,Y9 Prime 2019.
- Tablets: Mediapad M5 Pro, M5, M5 Lite 10, M5 Lite 8, T3 7, T5 10.
- The Huawei device shall be able to power on and off for testing and diagnosis purpose; and shall have a valid Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) certification logo. The Huawei device shall be in working condition and free from defect or damage resulting from:-
- Use of the device in a manner contrary to instructions of the manual (including, but not limited to, rooting of device);
- End-user’s misuse, abuse, negligence or accident;
- Disassembling or repair without Huawei’s prior authorization; or
- Spills of food or liquid, fall, or burning of printed circuit board.
Notwithstanding the above, Zitron’s retail partner reserve the right to reject any device that is damaged and/or is not up to par and/or does not meet the eligibility criteria set above.
- Notwithstanding clause 4(d) above, this “App Protection Warranty” Program is also applicable for eligible device(s) purchased from 20th May 2019 which is still within valid manufacturer warranty period from the receipt date of purchase, subject that the device satisfied the above criteria stated in clause (4).
- Zitron’s retail partner shall within fourteen (14) days provide a confirmation to the consumer on the outcome of the diagnosis and testing. If the outcome of the testing of the App is determined to “not be functioning as it should”, consumer is allowed to seek for a full refund based on the ORIGINAL purchase receipt within fourteen (14) days from the date of notification, by presenting the acknowledge receipt issued by the Zitron’s retail partner as stated in clause (2) above. However, if the outcome of the testing of the App shows it is in normal working condition, consumer shall recollect the device from the Partner within seven (7) days from the date of notification, by presenting the acknowledge receipt issued by the Zitron’s retail partner as stated in clause (2) above.